Every year I bake an apple pie for Matthew, which is his favorite. This year, I also baked a pecan pie for the first time. I was nervous, but I think it turned out pretty decent!
Addison is actually becoming a little gem when it comes to taking morning naps in her crib-something Lexi only would do in the swing or on the couch! So while Addison napped in her crib and Matthew had Lexi, I was able to peel all the apples and get most of the "time-consuming" stuff done and out of the way!
One reason I enjoy baking a few things during the holidays is because I get to use my grandmother's kitchen aid! I get to bake and enjoy fun memories at the same time! I am so blessed to have it 😊
The finished products! They were absolutely delicious! 😋😋😋
Since Thanksgiving is a time of giving thanks, I wanted to publicly share just a few of the things I am thankful for this year!
1. I am thankful for a husband who works hard to provide for his family. Working in Christian education does not bring in massive amounts of money, its true, but the rewards we do gain are priceless. Everyday Matthew is impacting a child's life. He is pointing them to Christ and doing his best to further their education so they, in return, can have an impact on others. I would not change this for the world! It has actually been eye-opening for me to see how much God has provided for us, and continues to do so uniquely and unexpectedly.
2. I am thankful for two beautiful, healthy daughters! It has been a tough year with all of Lexi's hospital stays and health problems, and then finding out we were expecting another baby. I am so thankful that Lexi's tests came back showing no signs of reflux-so the procedure she had done back in March seems to be working. I am also thankful for Addison, though she was unplanned, she is a blessing! We've had a rough start for sure, as she was colicky and constantly car sick (or motion sick), she is now settling into a groove, and she is trying so hard to keep up with her big sister!! She has taught me much about patience and unconditional love!
3. I am thankful for those who have sacrificed their time to help our family.
4. I am thankful for a church full of Christ loving people who are always ready to devote their prayers and time to those in need.
5. I am thankful for the God-honoring friends we have been blessed with!
We hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and we would challenge you to be thankful year-round, not just the month of November!
No comments:
Post a Comment