Thursday, November 2, 2017

Trick-or-Treat

I know that not every family participates in trick-or-treat. I personally do not care for all the bloody, gory, scary costumes; but, I'm okay with the cute animal costumes or pretty princess ones. Actually this year, SWAT was a very popular costume. I think kids now days are into the superhero costumes, and I think Marvel has had a lot to do with that.

Since we were not home to pass out candy, we put this bowl outside! 
 Anyways, last year, we had planned on taking Lexi around our little association, but she was in the hospital again for her kidney reflux. This year, thankfully, both Addison and Lexi were well, and we were able to take them both out to trick-or-treat for the first time.

Lexi was a monkey and Addison was a goldfish 😍

We packed them up in the car and headed over to Matthew's parents house to walk their street. They live on a dead end street, so it was the perfect length of time for Lexi and Addison, especially since it was very cold out. I think many of the families in our association go to another neighborhood to trick-or-treat, because not very many people pass out candy. 
Lexi started out shy and wanted either Matthew or Paw-Paw to carry her; but, by the last couple of houses, she was knocking and saying "thank you!" 




I think once Lexi realized she was getting candy or toys at every house, she enjoyed it a little more! 

She loved these spider rings! She would say "Mommy, I ring!" and "Mommy, two ring!" She would have Paw-Paw take them off and put them on. She still wears them and plays with them at home with her stuffed animals!

Enjoying her haul. We hit about only 8 houses, but she came out with a good haul. Of course, Matthew and I have been enjoying it too 😉


1 comment:

  1. I have fond memories of trick or treating .... Even through high school! Of course we were never allowed to do anything gory or scary. It is fun to dress in costume and spend time with family and friends. Of course the candy is an added bonus!! :)

    Although we didn't celebrate Halloween with our children, we did pass out candy some years. It was a very scary time of year for our children when they were younger. I had one that would get quite distraught at just the spider web decorations in the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete